Security & Alerts
We make it easy to stay alert and secure
Keep track of your account and card activity with text and email alerts in Digital Banking
Keep Tabs on Your Accounts
Enroll in text and email alerts to help you keep on top of your account activity.
- Customize alerts to notify you when certain transactions occur
- Get balance updates
- Find out when your overdraft protection is used
Monitor Card Activity
Set up text and email alerts to notify you of card activity.
- Get notified when your debit or credit card is used for a transaction
- Find out when your card is used for international transactions
- Get payment due date reminders and balance alerts
Keep Your Accounts Secure
Set up security alerts for a heads up on possible fraudulent activity and stay one step ahead of identity theft
- Find out when someone is trying to log into your account
- Get an alert if your address, login ID or password is changed
The same secure banking you've come to rely on us for in person, online
We'll automatically send you alerts if your account credentials change.
Temporarily freeze or unfreeze your card if it's lost or stolen, or if you suspect fraud.
Rest assured that all your confidential account information is protected.
Your money is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
People often ask us
Nothing prevents you from logging in to Digital Banking from an airport kiosk, a public library computer, a hotel lobby computer or any other public device, but those devices are at high risk of being modified by criminals to steal your user ID, password and security question answers. Features like Bill Pay can even be abused by criminal software to steal money while your are logged in without you knowing. If you can wait until you have access to a private device, please wait until then.
Alternatively, we offer mobile banking, which would be safer than using a public device.
Alerts can help you manage your money and stay in touch with your accounts any time through email or text message. Some security alerts are required and will keep you informed about changes to your online profile. Other alerts are optional and will notify you about specific activity occurring on your accounts, such as:
- Online Security Alerts to notify you in the case of certain activity on your Digital Banking profile.
- Account Alerts to notify you when certain transactions occur in your checking and savings accounts.
- Card Alerts to notify you about your debit and credit card activity.
To set up your alerts, select Alerts from the left navigation menu, then Account Alerts, Online Security Alerts or Card Alerts. On each of these pages, customize the alerts and how you want to be notified.
You can change your login ID and your password by selecting Forgot ID/Password? link in our login box. When changing your login ID or password, please follow these guidelines.
- Login IDs must be 6 to 14 characters.
- Your login ID can't be the same as your password.
- Passwords are case sensitive and must be between 8 to 14 characters long, and must include at least one uppercase letter, one number and one special character.
If you've forgotten your user ID and your password, call our Customer Care Center to have your credentials reset.
The most common reason for getting locked out of Digital Banking is typing an incorrect password. This usually happens when the caps lock is accidentally enabled. Your password is case sensitive. If you know you're typing in your password correctly and in the right case, you'll want to check the version of your browser. More than likely the browser you're using is not a current version, and you'll need to upgrade. If you're locked out, please use the Forgot ID/Password link or contact a Digital Banking representative to reset your password.
First Citizens does not charge fees to download or access First Citizens Digital Banking, including the First Citizens mobile banking app or First Citizens Text Banking. Mobile carrier fees may apply for data and text message usage. Check with your carrier for more information. Fees may apply for use of certain services in First Citizens Digital Banking.
Bank deposit products are offered by First Citizens Bank. Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender. icon: sys-ehl.